News

NNPCL Under Attack, But Firm on Reforms, Insists Ojulari

The Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), Bayo Ojulari, has declared that the company is facing resistance over its ongoing transformation but will not succumb to short-term pressures.

 

Speaking on Thursday, Ojulari said the reforms at NNPCL were designed to put the company and Nigeria’s energy sector on a sustainable path, stressing that quick fixes would not serve the long-term interest of Nigerians.

 

“You cannot drive change without a price,” he stated. “We will not budge to short-term pressure. We are committed to reviving our refineries and implementing reforms based on sound principles and proper baseline evaluation.”

 

Ojulari explained that the company’s plan to restore Nigeria’s ailing refineries is being pursued through the Incorporated Joint Venture (IJV) model, which he described as the best approach to guarantee sustainability and efficiency in the downstream sector.

 

The NNPCL boss also clarified that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu had not interfered in the reform process, noting that no pressure had been mounted on him to take decisions that were not in the country’s best interest.

 

Meanwhile, the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has thrown its weight behind Ojulari and the NNPCL management. The union applauded the company’s recent strides, citing increased crude oil production, more stable pipelines, and a significant reduction in oil theft.

 

“We are solidly behind you,” the union declared, pledging continued collaboration with the management to strengthen the sector and ensure stability for Nigerians.

 

Ojulari maintained that the transformation agenda would continue despite opposition, insisting that the current reforms were laying the foundation for a stronger and more reliable petroleum industry.

Rachel Akper

Rachel Akper

About Author

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Foreign News News

Police Arrest Murder Suspect In Lagos, Recover Exhibits

  • February 10, 2025
Police Arrest Murder Suspect In Lagos, Recover Exhibits The spokesman of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) Muyiwa Adejobi said Okeke
Foreign News News

Falana Sues Meta, Seeks $5m For Invasion Of Privacy

  • February 10, 2025
Falana, through his lawyer, Olumide Babalola, accused Meta of publishing motion images and voice captioned, “AfriCare Health Center,” on their