Stay Tuned!

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

News Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo Hints at Retirement After 2026 Season

Cristiano Ronaldo has indicated that the 2026 season could be his final campaign as a professional footballer, with the Portuguese superstar saying he wants to end his career by leaving a lasting legacy.

The 41-year-old made the revelation in an interview with Vogue published on Sunday, saying he was preparing for life after football following a career spanning more than two decades.

“This is probably my last year of football, and I want to leave a spectacular legacy,” Ronaldo said, adding that his post-football plans were already “all mapped out.”

Ronaldo, regarded as one of the greatest players in football history, has scored more than 950 goals for club and country. He has previously suggested that retirement could come “soon” or within the next one or two years.

The former Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus forward said he expects to remain active after retirement, mentioning travel and padel among the activities he enjoys.

He also acknowledged that leaving football could create a significant void in his life after spending about 25 years at the highest level.

“Because football could leave a big hole, you have to fill your time in various ways, not just one,” he said.

Ronaldo, who recently married his longtime partner Georgina Rodriguez in an intimate ceremony in Cascais, Portugal, said he was looking forward to enjoying the rewards of a career built on years of sacrifice.

He is expected to return to Saudi Arabia to join Al Nassr for the new Saudi Pro League season after representing Portugal at the 2026 World Cup.

The announcement could mark the beginning of the final chapter of a remarkable career that has seen Ronaldo win multiple domestic and international honours and establish himself as one of football’s most prolific goalscorers.

Mercy Omotosho

About Author

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Foreign News News

Police Arrest Murder Suspect In Lagos, Recover Exhibits

  • February 10, 2025
Police Arrest Murder Suspect In Lagos, Recover Exhibits The spokesman of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) Muyiwa Adejobi said Okeke
Foreign News News

Falana Sues Meta, Seeks $5m For Invasion Of Privacy

  • February 10, 2025
Falana, through his lawyer, Olumide Babalola, accused Meta of publishing motion images and voice captioned, “AfriCare Health Center,” on their