Stay Tuned!

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Educational News

Oyo Directs Schools to Halt Outdoor Student Activities Indefinitely

The Oyo State Government has ordered the immediate suspension of all school field trips, excursions and other student-related activities outside school premises across the state over rising security concerns.

The directive was contained in a circular dated May 22, 2026, issued by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and signed by the Permanent Secretary, Mrs. B.T. Oyinloye.

According to the circular, the decision was taken to safeguard the lives of students and staff members in schools across the state amid recent security challenges.

The government directed all school administrators to suspend excursions, field trips, sports competitions and any activity that would require students to move outside school premises until further notice.

It added that all previous approvals granted for such activities had been overridden by the new directive.

The circular was addressed to the Executive Chairmen of TESCOM and SUBEB, permanent secretaries, inspectors of education, zonal directors, principals of public and private schools, principals of technical colleges and head teachers across Oyo State.

The ministry also instructed school administrators to ensure that students remain within school premises during school hours and urged them to report any suspicious activities around schools to law enforcement agencies within their jurisdictions.

“The safety of our children is non-negotiable and takes precedence over all academic and extracurricular activities,” the circular stated.

The government said the directive takes immediate effect and would remain in force pending an improvement in the security situation in the state.

Mercy Omotosho

About Author

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Foreign News News

Police Arrest Murder Suspect In Lagos, Recover Exhibits

  • February 10, 2025
Police Arrest Murder Suspect In Lagos, Recover Exhibits The spokesman of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) Muyiwa Adejobi said Okeke
Foreign News News

Falana Sues Meta, Seeks $5m For Invasion Of Privacy

  • February 10, 2025
Falana, through his lawyer, Olumide Babalola, accused Meta of publishing motion images and voice captioned, “AfriCare Health Center,” on their