Article News Politics trending

Troops Rescue 7 Kidnap Victims in Tsanyawa After Late-Night Distress Call

Troops of Operation MESA under the 3 Brigade of the Nigerian Army have reportedly rescued seven abducted persons during a night operation in Tsanyawa Local Government Area of Kano State.

According to a statement issued on Sunday by Captain Babatunde Zubairu, Assistant Director of Army Public Relations for the 3 Brigade, the security team—comprising personnel of the Nigerian Army, Nigerian Air Force and the Nigeria Police—was said to have received a distress call around 11 p.m. on 29 November 2025 from residents of Yankamaye Cikin Gari, who alerted them to a bandit attack in the community.
Zubairu explained that the troops were said to have immediately moved to the scene, where they encountered the armed group and managed to free seven kidnapped victims.

He added that the bandits had already killed a 60-year-old woman before the troops arrived.

The statement indicated that after receiving initial information, the soldiers reportedly chased the fleeing attackers along their escape route towards Rimaye, engaging them with sustained gunfire and successfully recovering the abducted persons.

However, four victims were still unaccounted for as of the time of the report.

The bandits were said to have escaped towards Kankia Local Government Area in neighbouring Katsina State, and security forces are continuing efforts to locate their hideout.

Zubairu also disclosed that the Commander of the 3 Brigade commended the troops for what he described as their courage and swift intervention.

He said the commander urged residents to maintain close cooperation with security agencies by sharing accurate and timely intelligence to support ongoing counter-banditry operations.

The Army reaffirmed its commitment to restoring peace and ensuring the safety of communities across the region.

admin

About Author

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Foreign News News

Police Arrest Murder Suspect In Lagos, Recover Exhibits

  • February 10, 2025
Police Arrest Murder Suspect In Lagos, Recover Exhibits The spokesman of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) Muyiwa Adejobi said Okeke
Foreign News News

Falana Sues Meta, Seeks $5m For Invasion Of Privacy

  • February 10, 2025
Falana, through his lawyer, Olumide Babalola, accused Meta of publishing motion images and voice captioned, “AfriCare Health Center,” on their