Entertainment News

Bruce Willis Moves Into Specialized Care Home as Dementia Progresses

 

Hollywood icon, Bruce Willis has moved into a dedicated care home as his battle with dementia intensifies, a decision his family says was made to provide him with the stability and support he now requires.

The 70-year-old actor, who was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia (FTD) in 2023 after first being sidelined by aphasia the year before, is now living in a one-story residence near his family.

The home is staffed with round-the-clock caregivers trained to support dementia patients, offering him a calmer environment and reducing the overstimulation that can trigger distress.

His wife, Emma Heming Willis, revealed the development during an ABC special titled Emma & Bruce Willis: The Unexpected Journey. She described the move as “one of the hardest decisions” she has ever made but emphasized that it was necessary both for Bruce’s well-being and for their daughters, 13-year-old Mabel and 11-year-old Evelyn.

According to her, Bruce would have wanted his children to grow up in a steady and nurturing space, free from the strain of his condition.

Though separated by living arrangements, the family remains closely connected. Emma and the children regularly visit for meals and family time, ensuring that Bruce continues to feel loved and engaged.

“It’s a house filled with care and laughter,” she said, adding that while his physical health remains relatively strong, his cognitive decline has made daily life increasingly complex.

Willis’s condition has highlighted the realities of frontotemporal dementia, a neurodegenerative disorder that affects language, behavior, and personality. His family has been vocal about raising awareness, and Emma herself has emerged as an advocate for dementia caregiving. She is set to release a memoir,

The Unexpected Journey: Finding Strength, Hope and Yourself on the Caregiving Path, on September 9, in which she details their family’s struggles and the lessons learned along the way.

Bruce Willis, best known for blockbuster roles in Die Hard, Pulp Fiction, and The Sixth Sense, retired from acting in 2022 when his initial diagnosis of aphasia made it difficult for him to continue. Since then, his family has kept fans updated while emphasizing their commitment to honoring his dignity.

The actor’s move into specialized care marks a new chapter in his journey with dementia, one his family hopes will give him the peace and comfort he needs, while allowing his loved ones to maintain a sense of normalcy in their own lives.

chioma Jenny

About Author

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Foreign News News

Police Arrest Murder Suspect In Lagos, Recover Exhibits

  • February 10, 2025
Police Arrest Murder Suspect In Lagos, Recover Exhibits The spokesman of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) Muyiwa Adejobi said Okeke
Foreign News News

Falana Sues Meta, Seeks $5m For Invasion Of Privacy

  • February 10, 2025
Falana, through his lawyer, Olumide Babalola, accused Meta of publishing motion images and voice captioned, “AfriCare Health Center,” on their